Important Changes for Lifeline Accounts
Alltel Wireless no longer participates in the Lifeline Program.
At Alltel, we want to ensure we keep you informed of any changes impacting your wireless account. Alltel Wireless no longer offers Lifeline service.
If you qualify for the Lifeline discount program, you may continue to participate in this program by obtaining service from a Lifeline provider. For your convenience, see the list of current wireless Lifeline providers by state at left. Please contact those wireless Lifeline providers to obtain information about how to apply for a Lifeline discount. You may, instead, obtain Lifeline service from your local phone provider. Contact information for local landline phone providers here.
How does this impact your service?
- If you choose not to change service providers and your line of service remains active, Alltel Wireless will move your account to a new postpaid rate plan starting in July 2014. See the FAQ about this new rate plan and the important changes you will experience.
- Under the new postpaid rate plan, you will receive 500 minutes and 500 text messages with unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling per month; all at a rate comparable to what you are paying now. Picture messaging and data will not be available on this plan.
- You will no longer be a prepaid customer and a monthly bill will be mailed to your billing address outlining the charges each month. Please make sure we have your correct billing address. The payment due date will be provided on your monthly bill. Please ensure that Alltel receives your payment by this date to prevent service interruption. Payment options are displayed on this first page of your bill.
What happens next?
- If you would like to apply for Lifeline discounts with another carrier, please begin this process now. You can contact a wireless service provider in your state from the list provided in the left tab of this page. You can also find contact information for local landline phone providers here.
- If you choose to keep your service with Alltel, no immediate action is required. Additional text messages will be sent to your wireless number providing updates and information about the changes that will impact your line of service.