Alltel provides three ways for you to check your minutes of use (MOU). Usage pertains to the amount of minutes a wireless phone may have been used for a particular month. Usage can be the number of minutes you talked on your cellular phone, the number of text messages sent, the amount of time using Touch2Talk or any other product purchased from Alltel. Monitoring your usage over time can help you avoid overage charges on your monthly bill. Estimates of current usage is updated daily.
Note: Your Minutes Used is reset according to the date of your bill cycle. See more information about bill cycles.
Online (My Account)
To view minutes of use for your default phone:
- Log into My Account.
- View minutes of use in the Selected Line, Current Usage area.
For more information on how to change the phone number being viewed, please see Accounts with more than one phone number.
Note: Shared minutes used per line is reflected in the 'Family Minutes' bucket, which is located in the Selected Line area. To see a total of all minutes used, each line must be viewed and added.
To view minutes of use for the phone you’re using:
- Text the word MINUTE to the address MYMINS (696-467) .
You’ll receive a text message that includes your Anytime, Night & Weekend, and Mobile-to-Mobile (M2M) minutes used.
Note: There is no charge for sending or receiving these messages.
To hear minutes of use:
From any phone:
- Dial 1-800-ALLTEL1.
- Enter your ten-digit wireless number.
- Select Option 2.
- Enter your zip code.
From your wireless phone:
- Dial #MOU (#668).
No airtime is charged when you dial this code.
- Select Option 2.
Note: Estimated usage may vary from your actual usage for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Recent account activity may not be included.
- Estimates for pooled plans, roaming calls, or Axcess data usage may not be entirely accurate or available.
- If you are a new user, your displayed usage may not be entirely accurate until your second billing period.
- Alltel may not yet have received notice from other network providers about minutes for roaming outside the Alltel network.
Used minutes are for selected phone number only, and do not reflect all minutes used against shared minutes.
To see a list of other codes you can dial for various features, see Quick Dial commands.